Sunday 21 June 2009

Shah Rukh's Controversial Interview

Read the controversial interview published in Time N Style Magazine below which due to a typo and landed Shah Rukh in trouble.
The magazine has since then apologised for the error and corrected the typing error.
Point to be noted: Why members of MAC (Mumbai Aman Committee) were reading a magazine like Time N Style Luxury???

The Interview:WHAT’S IT LIKE TO GET UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL WITH SHAH RUKH KHAN AND ASK HIM THE ZANIEST QUESTIONS? WHAT’S IT LIKE TO BE FATHER, SUPERSTAR, ACTOR AND DREAM GUY ALL ROLLED INTO ONE? THE BRAND AMBASSADOR OF TAG HEUER FIELDS SOME PRETTY UNNERVING QUESTIONS


“I was destined to higher studies or elite team sports but I chose to major in filmmaking. People say I now rule Bollywood, but the way I see it, I simply work hard on making endless opportunities to challenge and reinvent myself. A cross-over to Hollywood is not an option: I’d rather make a mark without losing my identity and my culture. My name is Shah Rukh Khan and I share TAG Heuer’s values.”
– Shah Rukh Khan on things in common with TAG Heuer

If your home was burning down, what would you save with your two hands?
My children — son Aryan and daughter Suhana.
You are no fan of …

Restaurants and eating out.

How much power have women got?
As much as they would like to wield… It’s just that they need to believe in themselves.Women are more powerful than men, I’m a true believer of that. But sometimes they don’t wield it because they feel it would be wrong. I think they should go out and wield the power.

From your Fairy Godmother you would ask for …
I would ask her to meet my daughter. She loves fairies.

The most impressive figure in history, according to you?
There are lots of them, some negative ones like Hitler. On the other hand there are nice ones like Napoleon, Winston Churchill and if I can call it history, then Prophet Mohammed and from recent times - Nelson Mandela. And also Gandhiji and Mother Teresa who are equally impressive.

What virtue should every man have?
The right thing to do, I think, is not use a modus operandi to make someone fall in love with you. Just be honest and go with it.

For one day I would like to be (Heidi Klum, George Bush, an Eskimo…)
No one else. The world wants to be me, so why should I want to be someone else?

What is your most favourite song ever?
‘Suzanna I’m crazy loving you’.

Which book made a deep impression on you and why?
I liked the plot and story of Shantaram. The Da Vinci Code is nice as well and so is Bourne Identity. I like fiction; of course Shantaram is not fiction, otherwise Nine Paths of Desire by an Iranian writer is another book that moved me.

Is there anything that angers you in this world?
Not any more, I don’t get angry about anything except when people let me down...like if somebody says I cannot do this. I like people who say I can’t and I don’t and I won’t... but I don’t like people who say they can, they will and then they don’t.

What are you made of? (Which incidentally happens to be the tagline of the brand
TAG Heuer!)
Lot of humour, lot of hard work, lot of perseverance and lot of fun. And I like to believe in lot of honesty.

You are since 2003, a member of the ‘TAG Heuer dream team of brand ambassadors’ with Tiger Woods, Maria Sharapova, Kimi Raikonnen, Lewis Hamilton and now Leonardo Di Caprio, just to mention a few… it must be something special: how do you feel in this role?
It’s very exciting. This brand chooses people around the world who’re not only achievers but perfectionists. Ihave seen Leonardo Di Caprio from Titanic, and also other movies before that — apart from being a handsome young man, he is also very intelligent. I saw and heard him speak at the Golden Globe awards. He knows what to say and speaks very intelligently.

Which watch do you generally wear? Do you connect with it as just an accessory or on a personal level?
Fortunately, I have enough TAG Heuer watches to match every mood and occasion. I wear the Carrera Tachymetre when I am relaxing or hanging out. I wear the Grand Carrera for slightly formal occasions. I like to wear my Monaco 69 SRK Limited Edition as well.

Which values of the brand do you share the most?
Sportiness and toughness.

To Go To The Web Page of the Magazine:CLICK HERE



NEWS REPORT:

A day after a police complaint was filed against him for 'hurting religious sentiments' in Islam, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh said Friday that his comments to a magazine were misinterpreted due to a 'writing error'.

Comments on Prophet Mohammad a writing error: Shah RukhThe First Information Report (FIR) was lodged by the Mumbai Aman Committee (MAC) at the Bandra police station here Thursday after they read in Time'N Style-Luxury that Shah Rukh had listed Prophet Mohammad as one of the most unimpressive personalities in history alongside Adolf Hitler and Winston Churchill.

But Shah Rukh said it was a 'writing error' and that he had named the Prophet among the most impressive personalities in history.

'Obviously I think that there is no more important figure in history than Prophet Mohammad in the most positive way possible. Also, being a Muslim and standing up for the tenets of Islam is my most important agenda. If they (MAC) have seen my interviews on TV about Islam and Prophet Mohammad, they would know it's a writing error and not a thought or view that I believe in,' Shah Rukh told IANS in an SMS message.

'For all practical purposes, Prophet Mohammad is the most important positive figure in Islam,' he added.

A corrigendum from the magazine was also published across Mumbai newspapers Thursday wherein the magazine accepted the error.

The corrigendum stated: 'This is with reference to the interview with Shah Rukh Khan that featured in Time'N Style-Luxury Vol-1 issue: The answer to question 'According to you (Shah Rukh) who is the most impressive figure in history?' should have appeared as: 'There are lots of them. Some negative ones like Hitler. Then Napoleon, Winston Churchill were impressive.

' 'If I can call it history then most impressive, positive figure Prophet Mohammad and from recent times there are the nice ones like Nelson Mandela, Gandhiji and Mother Teresa.' This is a clarification and the error is deeply regretted.'

An official from the Bandra police station, however, confirmed that the FIR had not been withdrawn even after the corrigendum was published.


No comments:

Post a Comment